Peerspace takes reports of potentially fraudulent users seriously. Please consider the following information to help identify fraudulent users who may attempt to contact you through messaging.
Fraudulent users often use deceptive tactics to obtain personal information or financial gain. Some examples of what a fraudulent user might ask you to do include:
- Request to communicate through a third-party platform outside of Peerspace, such as email or WhatsApp
- Offer to pay you directly through a bank transfer or other non-Peerspace payment method
- Ask for personal information such as your social security number or bank account details
- Provide false or misleading information about their booking dates or purpose of their booking
If you receive an inquiry that seems suspicious, please do not engage with the user or provide any personal information. Instead, please follow these steps:
- Report the inquiry to Peerspace immediately by submitting a Support Request and selecting “I want to report another user” from the Contact Reason dropdown
- Do not respond to the user and do not accept any requests for communication outside of the Peerspace platform
- If a message is confirmed to be fraudulent, Peerspace will exclude the message from your response rate calculation so this is not affected.
We encourage you to be vigilant when interacting with potential guests. We take these matters seriously and are committed to protecting our users from potential fraud. If you receive any inquiries that seem suspicious, please report them to us. The suspected fraudulent guest inquiry will be excluded from your response rate calculation so your response rate will not be negatively affected.