Peerspace allows users to contribute different kinds of content, including listings, photos, messages, reviews, profile info, and more. Our goal is for the Peerspace marketplace to remain a respectful, honest, and open community where space owners and guests can understand each other’s needs and capabilities. We’ve created the following guidelines that govern the types of user-generated content that exist on our marketplace:
- Relevance: Make sure any content you contribute is objective, relevant, and appropriate to the Peerspace community.
- Inappropriate content: We don’t allow any content that promotes illegal or harmful activity, threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, and other displays of bigotry.
- Honest reviews: The best reviews provide constructive feedback that benefits the Peerspace community. They must be genuine and representative of your personal experience interacting with the host or guest before and during your booking. Reviews aren't the place for personal criticisms and should not be biased by extraordinary circumstances or other matters that do not address the core of the booking experience.
- Accurate submissions: Listings must honestly represent your space and be fully transparent when it comes to pricing and booking requirements. We won’t publish any content that is fraudulent, false, or misleading with respect to a host or space. If the physical space has been updated and no longer accurately represents what is depicted in photos and description, it is the responsibility of the host to remove and update with current photography and listing content.
- Privacy: Aside from the information you provide to Peerspace, do not publicize your own or other people’s private information, business information, address, phone number or full name. Please do not post close-up photos of hosts or guests without their permission. These policies are implemented to protect privacy while maintaining a trustworthy, safe marketplace experience.
- Missed expectations: You should not publish content as a way to extract payment from a host, guest, or Peerspace due to missed expectations during a booking. Disputes must be resolved through the Peerspace disputes process, and we do not allow publishing of content that references a Peerspace investigation.