Peerspace charges guests a processing fee to help cover the costs of running our business, including completing your transaction and providing support for your booking. The fee is set at 5% and is added to all transactions.
We also charge a service fee to hosts that allows us to promote their space, provide them insurance coverage, and support their bookings. For a summary of the fees related to Peerspace bookings, please review our Fees Overview.
Because the extent of our services and their associated costs differ depending on whether you are a host or a guest, we separate the guest processing fee from the host service fee so that you are only charged for the portion of service Peerspace is providing you.
Where can I find the processing fee?
When viewing a listing, enter the exact dates and start/end times of your booking. When you click on “Start Booking”, you will see the subtotal for the amount of hours selected and the total with the 5% fee added.
You will also see the processing fee outlined on the checkout page before confirming the booking, and on your booking confirmation emails.
If your host has quoted you a special rate, please keep in mind that 5% is added to every transaction.
What happens to the processing fee when I cancel or make updates to a booking?
- If a booking request is withdrawn, expires or gets declined, no charges are captured, including the processing fee.
- If you cancel a reservation within the 48 hour grace period and outside the short-notice timeframe, all charges surrounding the booking are refunded, including the processing fee.
- If you cancel outside the 48 hour grace period, the processing fee is non-refundable.
- If a host initiates a cancellation for your booking and you are not able to rebook with that host for a different period, the processing fee will be refunded.
- If a reservation is modified, the processing fee you are charged adjusts to reflect the new subtotal of that transaction amount.