5 steps to help you secure your first booking!
Step 1: Download the App
- Get immediate push notifications for incoming inquiries and requests.
- Send messages and manage bookings right from your phone.
- Use the invite-to-book feature to invite guests to book your space.
Step 2: Add availability to your calendar
Tip: provide at least three months of availability.
- Sync an external calendar in your “calendar” tab. We currently support syncing with Google Calendar, iCloud, Outlook, Office 365, and Exchange accounts, as well as external calendars that provide a feed of calendar data via an iCalendar or ics URL link.
- If you don’t have a calendar to sync, you can also block out specific dates and times.
Step 3: Customize your pricing
Take advantage of our pricing features to help you personalize the guest experience.
Attendee Pricing: Charge more per hour based on the number of guests attending.
- Go to your "Listings" tab.
- Select “Edit” next to the listing of your choice (productions, events, meetings). Note: The “Edit” listing buttons are located to the right of each booking type and are different than the “Edit Space” button.
- Select “Edit” to the right of the section titled "Pricing."
- Scroll down to the section titled "Attendee Pricing" and click “Edit”.
- Input the attendee range and rate details. Note: The rate provided adds to your hourly base price.
- Click “Save”.
Calendar Pricing: Set rates for specific days of the week and times of the day. Common calendar rates include a discounted weekday rate or weekend rate after 5.
- Go to your "Listings" tab.
- Select “Edit” next to the listing of your choice (productions, events, meetings). Note: The “Edit” listing buttons are located to the right of each listing type and are different than the “Edit Space” button.
- Select “Edit” to the right of the section titled "Pricing.”
- Select "Add Calendar Rate".
- Add the name and rate details.
- Select the days and times this rate should apply.
- Click “Save”.
Customize the guest experience and earn more by using add-ons to charge for equipment and services. Keep in mind that some add-ons, such as the sale of alcohol, may require proof of licensing from the host.
Add-ons are any services you offer for an additional price. Popular add-ons include equipment rental, catering, and staffing. Keep in mind that some add-ons, such as the sale of alcohol, may require proof of licensing from the host.
How it works:
- Select “Add-ons” from your navigation bar
- Select the relevant space
- Click "Add Item"
- Enter a title, description, and price
- Save the add-on
Step 4: Curate your listing photos
Photos submitted must match the location provided and show the requirements needed to list for events, meetings, or productions. Your listing photos should be catered to each booking type. You can edit the photos by clicking the “edit” button to the right of each booking type.
Meeting Listing: Include photos that specifically showcase the space as a meeting, conference, or workshop space. If you have more than one meeting space that guests can book, please create separate listings for each space to avoid guests’ missed expectations. You can do this by adding another space.
Production Listing: Include wide-angle photos that showcase the space from every corner along with any lighting/backdrop/equipment included in the booking. View more production photo tips here.
Event Listing: Include a variety of photos that showcase the space as a blank canvas and photos that show an event set up with tables and chairs. Include photos that showcase any features and additional areas that are included such as a creative backdrop and accessible restrooms.
Cover Photo: Choose the best photo of the space as the cover photo since this is what guests see when searching for a space.
Photo Order: Showcase a variety of angles and rooms in your first four photos as they display as a gallery when a guest clicks on your listing.
Watch our video tutorial on how to take photos with your phone.
Step 5: Enable Instant Book (recommended)
If your space is ready to book and availability is up-to-date, enable instant book to your listing to acquire more bookings and improve your rank in search. This feature allows guests to automatically book your space (so long as the event start time is at least 24 hours away).
- In your listings tab click “Edit” next to your booking type (productions, events, meetings).
- Click “Edit” next to instant book and toggle the instant book feature to ON.
Tip: the following turnkey spaces are perfect candidates for this feature: daylight studios, photo/video Studios, production spaces, and conference rooms.
Learn more about instant book here.