When listing your space under multiple categories (Event, Offsite and Production), you should take the time to tailor each listing's content to the activity it is under. The Event category covers a range of social and professional events, from baby showers and cocktail parties to networking events and product launches.
Tailoring your listing will help guests visualize how they can use your space for the specific type of activity they’re planning. By providing answers to their most common questions upfront, you’ll make it easier to book your space.
To simplify the tailoring process, our team put together a list of the most common questions asked by guests browsing for events, as well as sample Event listings for some inspiration. Use this as a guide and you’ll be on your way to accepting more qualified bookings.
About the Space
Try structuring your listing’s description with sub-headers and answering a few of these common questions.
- What is the layout of the space?
- What is the surrounding area like?
- What is the standing vs. seated capacity?
- What are some possible seating arrangements (panel, theater, U, etc.)?
USING THE SPACE
- What types of events has the space successfully hosted in the past?
- What types of events is the space ideal for?
- Are there any optional services you can provide (such as security, catering services, equipment, or A/V technicians)?
- Will there be an on-site manager present during the booking?
- What are the parking and load-in/load-out options?
- What unique features does your space have that set it apart (such as floor-to-ceiling windows, recently renovated kitchen, etc.)?
- How many bathrooms does your space have?
- What additional areas will guests have access to, if any?
- Are there any interesting facts about your space, the building, or its history?
Read more on the About the Space section here.
- What are the day-of procedures?
- Are there restrictions around which areas guests can access?
- Can furniture be moved?
- Do you require special permits or insurance from the guest in order to book your space?
Add only amenities that are included in your hourly rate into the Amenities. Be sure to describe relevant details, such as the number of chairs and tables you provide, in the About the Space section. Optional amenities not included in your rate should be listed along with their cost in your About the Space section.
Do you require a food and beverage minimum? If you have restrictions on outside food or beverage or require guests meet a certain minimum when booking your space, use our food and bar tab pricing tool to offer your services through your Event listing. If you don't require a minimum but have more than one rate, make sure to properly list your special rate(s).
Check out these live examples of strong Event listings to inspire you.